Sarah Marie at Oh My Soul gave me an award…
…which she received from Cynthia at Finding Great Joy, which she received from…
You get the idea. Such a sweet idea! I’m all for sharing the blog love.
Check ‘em out:
and, because I can’t stop at just five,
Want to have fun making someone else’s day? Here are the rules:
1. Choose five up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to give the award.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who awarded you by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. List the blogs you gave the award to by linking on your site. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know you awarded them.
5. List five random facts about yourself.
Now, for my Five Random Facts:
1. I pole-vaulted in high school – a promising career brought to a tragic close by the final stages of puberty. These hips don’t lie, and they certainly don’t get above my head anymore.
2. I do not like canned French-cut green beans. I say this because my mom is sitting on the couch next to me, and I blame her entirely for every can of that stuff I had to eat over many years of childhood.
3. I was editor-in-chief of my high school newspaper. (Is this Walking Down Memory Lane Night or something?) Unfortunately, I can’t spell worth the dickens, so my mom edits everything. (She told me to write that.)
4. Let’s get some middle school in there: Bassoon, anyone? Geekdom, here we come. Dang thing sounded like a foghorn.
5. But it gets even better: I was the drum major of the middle school band my eighth-grade year. Because those polyester uniforms were HOT. And sweaty.
That’s enough out of me. Seriously, people, you ask for random, you get random. I can’t be blamed for this.